Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Words to live by


Words to live by. For real. Do you know how freeing it is when you let go of the need to be perfect, and just focus on being a better version of you? 

That's really the way I was able to find joy in running - once I stopped comparing myself to the women around me who could run sub-seven minute miles, and instead focused on going further than I did the week before, and maybe a little faster too. 

Now if only it was that easy in other aspects of my life! It's hard to recognize, sometimes. I find myself unhappy, worried that it's not good enough and not able to get anything  done. It's paralyzing. And that's the most ridiculous thing about it - you're so focused on doing it perfectly, that you can't get it done. Done is better than perfect, right?

Well, it's a work in progress. Just keep reminding myself: Let go of perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment